Monday, June 25, 2012

Fuzzy Bunny Feathers

Just for fun, I dropped a few fennel seeds into my garden this spring.  I had no idea that I was planting a pet!  The fronds on the fennel plant are not only amazingly beautiful, but they are so soft.  And, if you're wondering, yes, I do like to pet my fennel.  It feels like fuzzy bunny feathers. 

Here, see? 
Fennel fronds

I was already aware that both the fennel bulb and the seeds were delicious and medicinal for digestion, but I was not prepared to be so enamored with the leafy greens.  A handful of fennel fronds tastes like a gentle licorice.  Not a knock-your-socks-off-clean-your-sinuses-out licorice flavor, but just a sweet delight; like candy out to be. (And the funny thing is, I have never liked licorice!)   I keep finding excuses to walk past this part of the garden to taste a few fronds and pet my fennel..well, when the neighbors arn't looking.

As I contemplated how to use my fuzzy bunny feathers, I read what Wikipedia had to say about fennel.  For food intolerance tummy issues, I am now all the more in love with my pet.

Wait.

Fuzzy bunnies don't have feathers?

No comments:

Post a Comment