Granola bars with a satisfying crunch, an airy texture, and ingredients that I can feel good about--yep, these fit the bill!
No-Bake Cinnamon Raisin Granola Bars
2 cups old fashioned rolled oats (or quick oats)
2 cups crispy rice cereal
1/2 cup raisins
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 cup coconut oil
1/4 cup honey
1/3 cup muscovado (brown) sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
1. Place oats in a food processor and pulse until the oats are broken up, but not made into flour. (Skip this step if using quick oats)
2. In a bowl combine oats, rice cereal, raisins and cinnamon.
3. In a small saucepan, combine coconut oil, honey, and sugar. Stirring constantly, bring to a boil. Reduce heat and continue to cook and stir for 2 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla.
4. Pour honey mixture over oat mixture and thoroughly combine.
5. Press mixture into a 9x9 baking dish that has been lightly greased with coconut oil. Press into dish firmly (enough to hear the snap, crackle, crunch...) and allow to cool to room temperature (utilize the refrigerator for just a few moments, if necessary). Once cooled, cut into bar shapes.