Friday, November 16, 2012

Converted


 
Cranberries are so beautiful.  And the way they are harvested is such an intriguing process.  Bright and tart vibrant, what is not to love about a cranberry?
 
Well, for many years of my life, I thought there was a lot.
 
Then my sister tweaked this Cranberry Relish recipe and shared it with me.
 
And I have left my former opinions of cranberries behind.
 
This relish is exceptionally simple and powerfully delightful.  Even the Pickles called it a dessert that they could eat in the middle of their meal.
 

 
Aunt Leah's Cranberry Relish
 
Combine 4 1/2 cups fresh cranberries with 1/2 cup honey.  Spread on a rimmed baking sheet and bake for 40 minutes at 350 degrees farenheit or until cranberries are soft and mushy.
 
Remove from oven and allow to cool for a bit while assembling remaining ingredients.
 
In a bowl, stir together 1 cup orange marmalade, 1 cup toasted walnuts (or as pictured above, I used pecans), and 1 t. lemon juice.  Add cranberries and stir to combine.
 
Chil until ready to serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment