Monday, November 12, 2012

Mini Pumpkin Scones

 
Mini Pumpkin Scones
 
inspired by this recipe
 
1 3/4 cup old fashioned rolled oats
1 1/2 cup basmati rice flour
1/2 cup brown sugar
3 tsp. baking powder
3/4 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. nutmeg
1 cup pumpkin
1/3 cup kefir
1/4 cup + 2 Tbsp. coconut oil, melted
3 Tbsp. honey
 
1.  In a food processor fitted with a metal blade, process oats until they form flour.  (I let mine run about 5 minutes while I gathered my other ingredients and preheated my oven.)  Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
 
2.  Add to oats:  rice flour, brown sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, salt and nutmeg.  Pulse a few times to completely incorporate.
 
3.  Add remaining ingredients to food processor.  Process until completely combined.
 
4.  Scoop dough onto parchment lined cookie sheets (I used my 1" cookie dough scoop) and bake for 13-15 minutes, or until set and baked through.
 
5.  Remove from oven and allow to rest on cookie sheet for an additional 2-3 minutes.  Serve warm.
 





No comments:

Post a Comment