Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Fast Food: Chicken and Beans

 
Not only do I like to cook a whole chicken, shred it and freeze it, but I also like to cook boneless, skinless chicken breast cubes and freeze them for later use.  When I'm pinched for time, I am already halfway done with meal prep when I grab a bag of pre-cooked chicken out of the freezer!
 
Super simple, Chicken and Beans requires heating frozen green beans and frozen cooked chicken cubes in a skillet in a bit of water until heated through.  I like to saute chopped onion and garlic in a bit of oil before adding the chicken and beans.  Maybe a little thyme in there?  Salt and a dash of pepper for sure.  Serve with a baked potato or rice and a fresh fruit. 
 
 Beats drive through for sure, and you know you will be eating nourishing fast food in no time!

No comments:

Post a Comment