Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Floofy Poofy

Coconut Whipped Cream

Easy.

I PROMISE.

I had read about it.  And thought, "No, it can't be that easy or great."

But it was.

It is.


Try it...

1.  Put a can of full fall coconut milk in your fridge.

2.  Leave it there for a day, or at least until it is completely cold.

3.  Pull it out of the fridge, turn it over, and open the bottom of the can.

4.  The thinner coconut milk will be on this side and you can pour it off.

5.  Now you will be left with the coconut cream in the can.

6.  Scrape the cream into a mixing bowl and go get your beaters.

7.  Whip that cream, and when you see that it (really-truly-just-like-everyone-said-it-would) is starting to become whipped cream, go ahead and add a little splash of vanilla and 2-3 tablespoons of powdered sugar and beat until everything is fully incorporated and your cream is soft and whipped.

You know, floofy poofy.

Fluffy, puffy.

Just like whipped cream is supposed to be. 

But this whipped cream just happens to taste like coconut.  Sweet fluffy coconut.

I'm sure you can think of all sorts of ways to use this...
in a mug of coffee,
topping hot chocolate,
on a slice pumpkin pie,
over a dish of fresh berries,
 

on a serving of lemon pie...
 

on my finger...
 

Yum!

2 comments:

  1. I made this at Thanksgiving and it really is awesome, and easy! Win-Win! :)
    -Jenn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is thanks to you and my sister that I finally tried this! Whatever took me so long?! I love it!

      Delete