Friday, October 4, 2013

DIY Baked Tortilla Chips

 
I told my husband the other day that I have a hard time calling anything DIY unless I truly am responsible for doing it all myself.  You know, grow the corn, harvest and dry the grain, grind it to flour, mix it with oil, make tortillas.  Well, I will admit right up front that I skipped those steps.
 
Here, however, is what I did do:

 
Brushed soft corn tortillas with coconut (or olive) oil.
 
Cut the stack of tortillas into quarters.
 
Spread on a baking sheet.
 
Sprinkle with sea salt.
 
Broil for just a few minutes on each side until tanned and crispy.
 
DIY Corn Tortilla Chips.
 
The real DIY here is choosing your chip flavor.  Use the options in your spice cupboard in addition or in place of the salt.  Like cinnamon sugar.  Uh, huh.  MmmHmmm.  You're welcome.
 
How about DIY fruit salsa to go with those?  I am off to plant a strawberry patch and a peach tree now.  I wonder if kiwi grows in my climate zone...

No comments:

Post a Comment