Monday, March 31, 2014

Shortcuts--The Freezer is Your Friend

I know I have said it before, but use that freezer space to make your days easier.  I often freeze meats, cooked and ready, to pull out and throw together a quick meal.  I almost always have several bags of prepared beans ready at a moments notice.  Somewhere behind the chicken broth, you'll probably find applesauce or summer veggies, bagged and waiting.

Those are all healthy and smart and great, but I will admit that my favorite freezer shortcut just might involve this:

Mixing up a batch of Chocolate Chip Cookies, rolling the dough into balls, freezing on a tray, and then bagging and storing in the freezer for a future craving.  Or surprise company.  Or for an after-school snack.

My sweet-tooth's favorite freezer-efficiency trick.

No comments:

Post a Comment