Monday, June 9, 2014

A true Feeding Pickle Cookie Recipe

Part of the reason I started this blog was to answer the question I get asked so often when people find out about our family's wheat/dairy intolerances, "What do you eat?"  "What can I eat?"  

The other part is that as my children (Pickles) grow, they need to know how to make food they can eat.  Knowing what they can/cannot eat is one thing.  Knowing how to make what they can eat is another.  Getting my recipes out of my head (and my wild crazy recipe books/files) and into one streamlined location is another reason I make sure to keep this blog going.

I wanted a cookie recipe for my Pickle that would be a good starting ground for baking.  Nothing that required a blender or other wildly sharp object for making special flours.  No strangely funky ingredients that we didn't normally have on hand.  Just a straight up, simple, no-fuss, mix-it-up-and-bake-it sort of recipe.

This cookie recipe I created just for that reason.

Just for my Pickle.

Cinnamon Oat Cookies

2 1/2 cups quick oats
3/4 cup rice flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 Tablespoon ground cinnamon
2 eggs
1 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 cup melted coconut oil

In a large bowl, stir together oats, flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon.

In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs and sugar.  Add vanilla and whisk again.  Gently, to prevent splashing, stir in oil.  Whisk well together.

Stir sugar mixture into oat mixture until well combined.

Spoon by rounded Tablespoonfuls onto a greased cookie sheet, spacing dough two inches apart.  Press gently to flatten into disc shapes.

Bake for 7-8 minutes until just beginning to brown around edges.  Remove from oven and allow to rest on a cookie sheet for 1 minute.  Remove carefully to a wire rack to cook completely.

Makes about 3 dozen.


No comments:

Post a Comment