Converted



Cranberries are so beautiful.  And the way they are harvested is such an intriguing process.  Bright and tart vibrant, what is not to love about a cranberry?

Well, for many years of my life, I thought there was a lot.

Then my sister tweaked this Cranberry Relish recipe and shared it with me.

And I have left my former opinions of cranberries behind.

This relish is exceptionally simple and powerfully delightful.  Even the Pickles called it a dessert that they could eat in the middle of their meal.



Aunt Leah's Cranberry Relish

Combine 4 1/2 cups fresh cranberries with 1/2 cup honey.  Spread on a rimmed baking sheet and bake for 40 minutes at 350 degrees farenheit or until cranberries are soft and mushy.

Remove from oven and allow to cool for a bit while assembling remaining ingredients.

In a bowl, stir together 1 cup orange marmalade, 1 cup toasted walnuts (or as pictured above, I used pecans), and 1 t. lemon juice.  Add cranberries and stir to combine.

Chill until ready to serve.


What ingredients have subtly changed your mind?

Always be creative,
Marie Winfield

Originally published November 16, 2012

Comments

Popular Posts